Monday 22 May 2017

New Tech for the buses

more to learn for the drivers.

New ticket machines appeared today, not on all the buses but I expect that won't be long before they all have them.

So what do the new machines do, well firstly they accept payment by contactless credit card. Secondly they produce and then read paper tickets (for multiple journeys) with a QR code (ok I admit it I had no idea what they were called and had to ask my tech minded friend).

In addition to reading the online loadable card type of ticked already available.

I shall watch this new development with interest.  It might make life easier on those mornings I realise I forgot to load the card ticket in time the night before. Removing the mad scramble for the right change so as not to decimate the drivers float before the route starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment